Monday, December 05, 2005

Getting Ready For Church

I get up the earliest on Sunday mornings... I have to be at church for worship practice a few hours before church starts. Yesterday morning I did the usual, got up, ate breakfast, got dressed in the dark, so as not to wake my husband from his beauty sleep, and left. When I arrived at the building, I sat down on the prayer carpet and took my shoes off only to see that I had put bright pink socks on when I thought I had put dull brown ones on. I was wearing a red shirt, so I clashed beautifully. Yet I could not care about my pink socks yesterday morning...

Upon leaving my house that morning, I began to analyze life. And I had 2 choices. I could look at it from my perspective or from God's. I began by looking at it from mine, since I was very very cold, and walking in negative celcius weather is not my cup of tea. And I was thinking, God when is that car coming anyways, and you know, we are getting low on food and I could go on and on... but turning into the park, I began to think upon Jesus instead. You know in Revelation chapter 1 where John describes the ressurected Jesus... His hair white as wool, his eyes blazing fire, his feet furnace fire bronzed, and a double edged sword coming from his mouth. I began to really want to see Jesus the way that John saw him and fell at his feet like a dead man. And I said out loud to the cold, "Who cares about me when I could gaze on Him!" And this passion rose up within me to really get a revelation of who this Jesus is, the risen one, the one who came up from the grave, the one who acsended to heaven and who sits at the Father's right hand. And to think I sit there with HIM! When will I see this Jesus? And if he came to me, would I even be able to look upon him in all his glory. Undoubtedly I'd fall on my face like a dead Kristi, and probably not get up again because of his holiness. I would likely just die right there. Hmm... I want to know him more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home