Cabbage and Character
I'm being a hermit these days. I'm getting big because I'm pregnant and it makes me feel like I'm fat and lazy. Well, maybe I am a bit lazy, but you know what, when baby comes, I will not have much chance to be lazy, or enjoy a lazy day as today really was. I thought about doing laundry, but then I just didn't cause that would mean that I would have to go downstairs and actually put the clothes in the washer. Instead I decided to make supper. Cabbage Roll Casseroll. Ha! Devon hates cabbage rolls. I thought it was great, (not great that Devon hates cabbage rolls) but the casseroll, it was good. And the fact that Devon hated it meant that there was more for me. Yay!On a completely different subject... I've been listening to sermon after sermon about being thankful in everything, enjoying the wilderness that God has you in, and just having an eternal perspective on life. It's good stuff. I needed to hear it all... again. I find it too easy to slip into soulish living, and then crash because of circumstances surrounding me. And this time it's not just a head knowledge thing, it's going deeper, and I am actually learning to apply it to my life; cause if I don't I know I will just have to go around this mountain again. How much time have I wasted trying to learn this test of thankfulness in everything? At least God hasn't put a stamp of failure on my forhead, and it's a comforting thought that he never will.
I was pondering the last few days about the fact that I am going to be a mother very soon. It's a scary thing because I really don't know what I'm doing, or how to be a good mother. The cool thing is that I am learning to give the things I feel completely inadequate about to God. I have no clue how to raise a child, but He Does. On one of the sermons I was listening to I learned that a very soulish prayer to pray is that God would give me the strength to do what he is asking me to do. Instead a prayer from my spirit would say, "God I cannot do this, but YOU can, so would you BE my strength?" It's because our soul wants the glory for it, and if God is your strength then He gets all the glory. Ahhh.... life by the spirit... stuff that keeps the soul dying and the spirit thriving. Gotta love it!
Anyways, I really should go to bed. It's already tomorrow! Shockingly I think my husband hit the sack already! This is a rare thing ladies and gentlemen.
Good-night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home