Living Water Rain Down
Last night Devon and I visited with some new found friends of ours. Shawn and Isabel are their names. They have 5 amazing children, and we are really enjoying getting to know them. They have amazing hearts and last night we prayed with them. It was a God set up for me. Isabel asked if there was a specific heart cry in us that they could pray for. I wasn't going to say anything, but it just came out of my mouth. I shared how I've felt pretty dry the last few years and that I am a songwriter who hasn't written anything in a very long time. That I want the intimacy that I know I can have but don't. To say the least I was very ministered to. God came and revealed a few things and we prayed through them a bit.I'm at a point in my life where I know I have to make a choice. Where I've wanted to run away I have to go "all in". It comes down to being secure in who I am in Jesus so that I can be the daughter he made me to be. I need to throw off the expectations of others in the church and learn to be vulnerable and real. This can be frustrating for me. I have known for a very long time now that I have insecurity in that I don't think others will really accept who I really am, so I end up being who I think they will accept. I am just wondering when I am actually going to "get it".
When will my heart know the unconditional love of my heavenly Father?
The distance from my head to my heart is terribly long I'm afraid. Jesus will you make the road a little shorter? Living water rain down.


1 Comments:
I'm glad you are finding the real you. Knowing the true, unconditional love of the Father is, in my mind, the key element to maturing in faith. Many never find it.
You will because you are asking from a pure heart and earnestly seeking.
The Good News is so good that most of us don't believe it. God loves us the same all the time, he never withdraws, never leaves, no matter our heart or actions. But we have created a graceless theology of a God who responds to perfomance. It's rubbish. He is grace through and through and will not be manipulated by our performance. He is self determining in his love towards us.
The way you love Sparrow, that's the picture of how God loves you. He is determined and committed to loving you because he created you. You are part of him, you came from him.
We love you too.
Pa
Post a Comment
<< Home