Friday, January 30, 2009

Fully Human



"For: The Institute Of Contemporary And Emerging Worship Studies, St. Stephen's University, Essentials Blue Online Worship Theology Course with Dan Wilt"

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - an inspiring quote by Marianne Williamson.

I love this quote because it expresses so much truth about what it means to be human. It challenges us to be fully who our creator intended us to be.
I don't believe we have given enough attention to us as humans when it comes to our worship. We are all image bearers of God, so in turn we need to be the expression of Him that is personal to all of us. In this way we can demonstrate God as a body in worship, pleasing him and moving as a whole rather than individuals.
Let the dancers dance, let the singers sing, let the musicians play, and the poets recite. Let the preachers preach and the teachers teach, let the prophets prophecy, and the healers pray for people, it's all worship if it glorifies Him. Worship is so much more than a set of songs on a Sunday morning. It is a lifestyle and how that is lived out is different for everyone, as we all carry a piece or a part of God that is unique. We need everyone to come to a saving knowlegde of Christ so that the body of Christ can be whole and complete. I want to see God in my neighbor who doesn't know Christ. I believe I will know more about Him when she comes know him and expresses Him in her unique way. I have come to know God more through my community of believers who demostrate him so wonderfully, and I am richer for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home