Thursday, February 02, 2006

What I was made for...

I'm coming into a revelation lately. I've been asking God to show me what it is that I was made for. What exactly is the Dream that you've put inside me from even before I was born? You'd think I'd have this figured out by now. I'm 27 and I've known Jesus for 9 years, and yet I've not yet really discovered what my purpose is. You know, what it is that gets me out of bed in the morning, and keeps me loving life?

Well, I finally picked up a book called "The Dream Giver". It's by an author I normally wouldn't read, however, this book is challenging me, and making me realize that I did know my dream all along. When I ponder the questions that were asked in the book, I realized that my dream was and still is that I was made for intimacy. And as I sit here and write, I remember those very words being spoken to me by the God of the universe. He once told me that very thing.

Funny how we can lose touch with the very purpose we were created for, in quest of being "somebody". Funny how the dream that is ours seems like it's not that important when compared to others. Wretchedly ugly it is that in quest of being "someone important", we can lose touch with our First Love, and get into doing and doing and doing, until all that doing makes you feel so unfulfilled and lost. This is what I am coming out of so that I can see the reason I was created again. This is so freeing! I love having revelation as I write.

I only wish I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to be someone I am not created to be. There have been moments of pure delight in who I was, and I want that again. I want to be so close to Jesus. So close there aren't words for it! In HIM. That is what I seek, that is who I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home