Saturday, March 28, 2009

Intimacy

"For: The Institute Of ContemporaryAnd Emerging Worship Studies, St. Stephen's University, Essentials Green Online Worship Values Course with Dan Wilt"



Well, it's the start of another 5 week course on worship. A few things have changed for me. This time I am pregnant and have morning sickness while I look after my two small children under 3 yrs. and I am extremely tired and have little to no patience. Looks like I'm in for a good one!

This week the topic was a good one. Talked a lot about intimacy not only with God, but with people, in particular the ones you are on a team with that lead the congregation into worship. I've never really known exactly how things work at Harvest when it comes to worship. I thought that would be cleared up when I joined the worship team. Not so much. I find it difficult to know if what I'm singing, doing in terms of leading is okay with leadership. The reason why is because we don't talk about it. Their isn't really relationship there to do that. In my particular team I do know the leader better, but when I ask him if certain things are okay with leadership, he just shrugs and says, "I think so." I think work needs done on that. And I know I have a role to play, even though I am fairly new in the team.

Anyways, I find that the lack of communication breeds insecurity throughout the team. I really struggle at times because those that have been on the team a while sometimes whisper things to eachother and I because I don't know them well, I usually think it's about me and the way I do things. My husband says I need to stop thinking that everything is about me. Which is probably true, but I still find it difficult none the less.

I enjoyed this week, but was obviously challenged to bring change.

Later!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home