A Song For A King

For our final project in the module Essentials Blue, I wrote a song. It is called 'A Song For A King'. The lyrics and music are simple, but I wanted them to convey a heart that is bent on Him, standing on the truth of who he is, and what that means to us who are 'in Him'. I haven't written a scratch in probably 4 years, and I just felt inspired to venture out into this sort of creativity again after taking this intense course. The 5 weeks have inspired me, and they have renewed a passion in me to be the sub-creator that I was made to be. I have also been convicted to pursue my passion for song writing and singing, and leading people into worship with songs that have sound doctrine. Songs that will mean something to the church 200 years from now. This is called 'cathedral thinking'. When they built those big, beautiful cathedrals in the middle ages, they would start by planting oak seeds. By the time the wood was needed for the finishing work, the trees were 100-150 years old and could be cut down for that very purpose. I wrote this song not just for Him, but for my children and their children, and maybe yours too. :)
In the past, writing songs came easily to me. Most of my stuff was written in 15-20 minutes. This song, as simple as it is, seemed to take me a whole week to complete, and yet it still feels incomplete. I was trying to figure out how to end it, and then I realized that it was never going to feel finished because it is a song that is sung in heaven. Worship in heaven never stops, and that is how this song feels to me. I pray it blesses all who listen and worship along with it. Here you are:
A Song For A King
Chord Chart:
Vs.1:
C G
Jesus, Saviour
Am F
Jesus, Healer
C G
Jesus, Righteous Son
Am F
Jesus, Holy One
Pre-Chorus:
C G
He is Risen, He has Conquered the Grave
Am F
I’m Forgiven, I am Saved
Vs.2:
C
He’s the Lion and the Lamb
G
He’s the Great I AM
Am
He’s the King of Kings
F
The Whole Earth Sings
Chorus:
Am F C G
Holy, Holy, Holy is our God
Am F C G
Worthy, Worthy, Worthy is our God
Am F C G
Glory, Glory, Glory to our God
Bridge:
Am F C G
Praise and Honour, Power and Strength
Am F C G Am F C
Majesty and Glory be to Him
G Am F C G
Because He is Holy (repeat)
Labels: blog, christian, Dan Wilt, emerging worship studies, essentials blue, online course


1 Comments:
Love your voice! Love the song! Very singable, easily to get lost in His arms while singing it!
Post a Comment
<< Home