Edmonton Bound
It would seem our time is nearing to a close here in Taber. It was short, but good. When God called us here, he said to me that it would be for a very short time but he would teach me some things. I'd say that his statement proved very true.So Edmonton you say? Well it all started when we took a trip to the Miracle Channel to sit in the audience at a taping of Kris Vallotton from Redding California. At the end of it, we asked him and his wife if they would pray for us. They did and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Winds of change, I see a windsock blowing north." Then we get an e-mail from a friend of ours in Edmonton who has a dream of himself and Devon walking in a city, and an angel hands him a telegram that says, "Tell Devon he's moving soon." Craziness! When we got the word from Kris, our first thought was Edmonton, and Devon has had Edmonton on his heart for a few years now. I love how God confirms his words.
So we are going to be taking a break from ministry for a while. And then we will see what doors God opens up for us there. I have a real excitement in my spirit about this all. More than I've had in a long, long time. I know what God has for us is going to be something that will make us both come alive. I get the sense that we will just fit there. And for Dev and I that is quite unusual.
Some cool things that I am looking forward to is living in the same vicinity as my oldest sister Jodi, her husband Rob, and my nephew Ryan. And living in the same city as the Mumby's. A very great family that I am really looking forward to spending some time with. I am looking forward to finding our own place to live, this will be a first for me, and setting up home. I am excited to once again be living in a city where there is good coffee. Dev and I are coffee snobs. We like to hang out at cool coffee houses and drink the expensive brew. It was our dating life, and it will be nice to do that again. I am also looking forward to having an income.
We have an income at the moment, but as most of you know we went 11 months without an income. And I have to say it was one great way to grow. It was a God ordained thing, and I am happy to say that we passed the test. We had provision that blew us away at times, that with an income, we would never have seen. We were given Sparrow's bedroom suite, and basically everything a baby needs and more. We were given a trip to Kansas City, a house to live in where we only paid utilities. We were given a Car! We were given a Piano, and a digital camera! A 3-D ultrasound and chirstmas gifts galore! Food randomly came to our door... usually cooked. We were also given health benefits, and a dishwasher, and not to mention, paint and painters for Sparrow's beautiful baby room that I am very sad to leave behind. I shall cry when we have to leave this place.
I shouldn't start, we have met some really great people that I will be sad to leave, however there is one solace there. We shall meet again.
This is what I live. I roam the earth, and live and love, I say hello and then good-bye, yet life will take us all to the same road in the end. Heaven... my real home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home