I finally get to write!
The only time I can actually sit down and write is when everyone else is in bed. I should be too, but it's been a while, and I wanted to update my blog.Today I went to the Dentist. I got my teeth checked and cleaned, and it's probably been 5 or 6 years. I have never had a cavity, and I still hold that record! My gums are a little sore from the cleaning, but it's my fault, I hardly ever floss. Flossing is just one of those things that I have just never been able to get in the habit of doing. Kind of like exercising. I start with good intentions and then take a break and forget to pick it back up again. What's that saying? "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Speaking of hell, it's been rather hot outside lately. My dear husband has been working as of late, and to make matters more hellish, is sandblasting oil truck tanks ON THE INSIDE. I can't imagine how hot and dusty it would be inside one of those things doing what he's doing. Props to Devon. It's been a week now that he's had this job, and it's not great fun or anything, but it's paying the bills, and giving us a chance to do things like go to the dentist, and buy a bite to eat every once in a while. Although I have to say the whole time we didn't have an income, we sure didn't suffer. We went out to eat quite a bit. Many people have taken us out to a restaurant in the last year, and I am very grateful.
God released Devon to work about 2 months ago, and it's neat to see God provide the jobs for him. The first job was working for our friend Shawn Scotney. One morning Devon was talking to God about getting a job, and if he wanted him to work, that he would have to hand him the right job. That night, Shawn asked him if he was interested in working for him for a short while. Dev was like, "I have to pray about it... I think." Sometimes God answers prayer really fast. This job, we went to the Career Resource Center and Dev was looking in the job bank. He faxed his resume to Ar Tech Coating and when we got home the phone rang for him to go for an interview. He started the next day. Pretty darn cool I think.
In mommy land Sparrow is growing like a Sunflower. She's bright and beautiful and smiles quite frequently. She smiles at everyone new that she meets, and puts on quite a performance. Today she had all the ladies at the library gawking and swooning over her. They thanked me for bringing her in cause she made their day. I think I've got a little world changer on my hands. She definately brings joy into the lives of everyone who meets her.
Well, I really should hit the hay. It's been a slice. Nighty night night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home